- Making a diagnosis. Alzheimer's Society. www.alzheimers.org.uk, accessed 15 January 2020
- Dementia. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries. cks.nice.org.uk, last revised July 2019
- Assessment process and test. Alzheimer's Society. www.alzheimers.org.uk, accessed 15 January 2020
- Dementia: assessment, management and support for people living with dementia and their carers. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), published June 2018. www.nice.org.uk
- Memory loss and dementia. Alzheimer's Society. www.alzheimers.org.uk, accessed 15 January 2020
- Confidentiality: good practice in handling patient information. Ethical and legal duties of confidentiality. General Medical Council, published January 2017. www.gmc-uk.org
- Helping you to assess cognition. A practical toolkit for clinicians. Alzheimer's Society, 2015. www.alzheimers.org.uk
- What causes young-onset dementia? Alzheimer's Society. www.alzheimers.org.uk, accessed 12 February 2020
- Prime Minister's challenge on dementia 2020. Department of Health, February 2015. www.gov.uk
Reviewed by Pippa Coulter, Freelance Health Editor, Bupa Health Content Team, March 2020
Expert reviewer Dr Rahul Bhattacharya, Consultant Psychiatrist
Next review due March 2023
Did our information help you?
We’d love to hear what you think. Our short survey takes just a few minutes to complete and helps us to keep improving our health information.