Did our Breast uplift surgery information help you?
We’d love to hear what you think. Our short survey takes just a few minutes to complete and helps us to keep improving our health information.
This information was published by Bupa's Health Content Team and is based on reputable sources of medical evidence. It has been reviewed by appropriate medical or clinical professionals and deemed accurate on the date of review. Photos are only for illustrative purposes and do not reflect every presentation of a condition.
Any information about a treatment or procedure is generic, and does not necessarily describe that treatment or procedure as delivered by Bupa or its associated providers.
The information contained on this page and in any third party websites referred to on this page is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice nor is it intended to be for medical diagnosis or treatment. Third party websites are not owned or controlled by Bupa and any individual may be able to access and post messages on them. Bupa is not responsible for the content or availability of these third party websites. We do not accept advertising on this page.
- Breast uplift (mastopexy). British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons. baaps.org.uk, accessed 19 April 2022
- Things to consider before choosing cosmetic surgery. British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. www.bapras.org.uk, accessed 19 April 2022
- Personal communication, Mr Ian Grant, Consultant in Plastic Surgery, 4 May 2022
- Breast mastopexy. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated 9 July 2020
- Breast surgery. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. www.cdc.gov, page last reviewed 1 February 2021
- Cosmetic surgery in the NHS. British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons. www.bapras.org.uk, accessed 19 April 2022
- Certified cosmetic surgeons. Royal College of Surgeons of England. www.rcseng.ac.uk, accessed 19 April 2022
- Choosing a surgeon and hospital. Royal College of Surgeons of England. www.rcseng.ac.uk, accessed 19 April 2022
- Your guide to breast augmentation. British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons. baaps.org.uk, published 2021
- Complications of plastic surgery. Oxford Medicine Online. oxfordmedicine.com, published online October 2011
- Frequently asked questions. British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons. baaps.org.uk, accessed 19 April 2022
- Information for commissioners of plastic surgery services. NHS Modernisation Agency. www.bapras.org.uk, accessed 19 April 2022