- Stress: management standards. Health and Safety Executive. www.hse.gov.uk, reviewed March 2017
- Equality Act 2010. legislation.gov.uk [accessed May 2017]
- The Equality Act 2010: Guidance for Employers. ACAS. www.acas.org.uk [accessed May 2017]
- Managing and supporting mental health at work, disclosure tools for managers. CIPD and Mind, December 2011. www.mind.org.uk
- Management Standards for Tackling Work Related Stress.Health and Safety Executive. www.hse.gov.uk [accessed May 2017]
- Advice and Guidance. What is reasonable? Equality and Human Rights Commission, July 2016 www.equalityhumanrights.com [accessed May 2017]
- Harvey SB, Modini M, Joyce S, et al. Can work make you mentally ill? A systematic meta-review of work-related risk factors for common mental health problems. Occup Environ Med 2017;74:301–310
Produced by Clare Foster, freelance health editor, and Nick Ridgman, Head of Health Content, Bupa UK, September 2017
Next review due September 2020
Bupa UK expert reviewers:
- Naomi Humber, Psychology Services Manager, EAP
- Stuart Haydock, Resilience Lead, Health Clinics
- Sarah Deedat, Head of Behaviour Change
Did our information help you?
We’d love to hear what you think. Our short survey takes just a few minutes to complete and helps us to keep improving our health information.