- Stress: management standards. Health and Safety Executive. www.hse.gov.uk, reviewed March 2017
- Equality Act 2010. legislation.gov.uk [accessed May 2017]
- The Equality Act 2010: Guidance for Employers. ACAS. www.acas.org.uk [accessed May 2017]
- Managing and supporting mental health at work, disclosure tools for managers. CIPD and Mind, December 2011. www.mind.org.uk
- Management Standards for Tackling Work Related Stress.Health and Safety Executive. www.hse.gov.uk [accessed May 2017]
- Advice and Guidance. What is reasonable? Equality and Human Rights Commission, July 2016 www.equalityhumanrights.com [accessed May 2017]
- Harvey SB, Modini M, Joyce S, et al. Can work make you mentally ill? A systematic meta-review of work-related risk factors for common mental health problems. Occup Environ Med 2017;74:301–310
Produced by Clare Foster, freelance health editor, and Nick Ridgman, Head of Health Content, Bupa UK, September 2017
Next review due September 2020
Bupa UK expert reviewers:
- Naomi Humber, Psychology Services Manager, EAP
- Stuart Haydock, Resilience Lead, Health Clinics
- Sarah Deedat, Head of Behaviour Change
Has our health information helped you?
We’d love to know what you think about what you’ve just been reading and looking at – we’ll use it to improve our information. If you’d like to give us some feedback, our short survey will take just a few minutes to complete. And if there's a question you want to ask that hasn't been answered here, please submit it to us. Although we can't respond to specific questions directly, we’ll aim to include the answer to it when we next review this topic.