Worried about breast health?
Book a breast check, which includes a mammogram† and get a picture of your current health with our breast health check.
To book or to make an enquiry, call us on 0370 218 8122∧
However, if you are concerned that you may have a lump, please book an urgent GP appointment for assessment, it may be more appropriate to refer you to a specialist.
Tools and calculators
Did our Breast cancer information help you?
We’d love to hear what you think. Our short survey takes just a few minutes to complete and helps us to keep improving our health information.
This information was published by Bupa's Health Content Team and is based on reputable sources of medical evidence. It has been reviewed by appropriate medical or clinical professionals and deemed accurate on the date of review. Photos are only for illustrative purposes and do not reflect every presentation of a condition.
Any information about a treatment or procedure is generic, and does not necessarily describe that treatment or procedure as delivered by Bupa or its associated providers.
The information contained on this page and in any third party websites referred to on this page is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice nor is it intended to be for medical diagnosis or treatment. Third party websites are not owned or controlled by Bupa and any individual may be able to access and post messages on them. Bupa is not responsible for the content or availability of these third party websites. We do not accept advertising on this page.
- Primary invasive breast cancer. BMJ Best practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last reviewed March 2021
- Metastatic breast cancer. BMJ Best practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last reviewed March 2021
- Breast cancer in situ. BMJ Best practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last reviewed March 2021
- Breast cancer. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated April 2021
- Breast anatomy. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated June 2016
- Adjuvant therapy for breast cancer. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated January 2021
- Breast cancer. Patient. patient.info, last edited July 2016
- Breast cancer – recognition and referral. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries. cks.nice.org.uk, last revised August 2020
- Early and locally advanced breast cancer: diagnosis and management. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), July 2018. nice.org.uk
- Early breast cancer (preventing recurrence and improving survival): adjuvant bisphosphonates. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), July 2017. nice.org.uk
- Familial breast cancer: classification, care and managing breast cancer and related risks in people with a family history of breast cancer. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), June 2013, updated November 2019. nice.org.uk
- Breast cancer. Oxford Handbook of Oncology. Oxford Medicine Online. oxfordmedicine.com, published online October 2018
- Breast cancer. Cancer Research UK. cancerresearchuk.org, last reviewed January 2021
- Breast cancer statistics. Cancer Research UK. cancerresearchuk.org, accessed May 2021
- NHS breast screening: helping you decide. Public Health England. gov.uk, accessed May 2021
- Improving outcomes in breast cancer. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), August 2002. nice.org.uk
- Breast cancer symptoms and signs. Breast Cancer Now. breastcancernow.org, last reviewed August 2019
- Breast cancer in men. Cancer Research UK. cancerresearchuk.org, last reviewed 3 March 2020
- Breast cancer risk in transgender people receiving hormone treatment: nationwide cohort study in the Netherlands. BMJ 2019;365. doi:10.1136/bmj.l1652
- Risk-reducing breast surgery. Macmillan. macmillan.org.uk, reviewed 28 September 2018