Looking for cancer cover that supports you every step of the way?
If you develop new conditions in the future, you can rest assured that our health insurance comes with full cancer cover as standard.
To get a quote or to make an enquiry, call us on 0808 273 6216∧
Did our Ovarian cancer information help you?
We’d love to hear what you think. Our short survey takes just a few minutes to complete and helps us to keep improving our health information.
This information was published by Bupa's Health Content Team and is based on reputable sources of medical evidence. It has been reviewed by appropriate medical or clinical professionals and deemed accurate on the date of review. Photos are only for illustrative purposes and do not reflect every presentation of a condition.
Any information about a treatment or procedure is generic, and does not necessarily describe that treatment or procedure as delivered by Bupa or its associated providers.
The information contained on this page and in any third party websites referred to on this page is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice nor is it intended to be for medical diagnosis or treatment. Third party websites are not owned or controlled by Bupa and any individual may be able to access and post messages on them. Bupa is not responsible for the content or availability of these third party websites. We do not accept advertising on this page.
- Ovarian cancer. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries. cks.nice.org.uk, last revised July 2018
- Ovarian cancer. Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. www.rcog.org.uk, accessed August 2022
- Ovary anatomy. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated September 2018
- Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, and Peritoneal Cancer. The MSD Manuals. www.msdmanuals.com, last full review/revision July 2022
- Ovarian cancer incidence statistics. Cancer Research UK. www.cancerresearchuk.org, last reviewed October 2021
- Ovarian Cancer. BMJ Best Practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last reviewed July 2022
- Ovarian cancer. Patient. patient.info, last edited October 2020
- Suspected cancer: recognition and referral. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guideline NG12. www.nice.org.uk, last updated December 2021
- Hereditary ovarian cancer. Target Ovarian Cancer. targetovariancancer.org.uk, last reviewed February 2020
- Principles of cancer therapy. The MSD Manuals. www.msdmanuals.com, last full review/revision September 2020
- Niraparib for maintenance treatment of relapsed, platinum-sensitive ovarian, fallopian tube and peritoneal cancer. Technology appraisal guidance TA784. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) www.nice.org.uk, Published April 2022
- Cancer. World Health Organization. www.who.int, February 2022
- Coping with ovarian cancer. Cancer Research UK. www.cancerresearchuk.org, last reviewed January 2022
- Xia YY, Kotsopoulos J. Beyond the pill: contraception and the prevention of hereditary ovarian cancer. Hered Cancer Clin Pract 2022 ;20(1):21. doi: 10.1186/s13053-022-00227-z. PMID: 35668475; PMCID: PMC9169328
- du Bois A, Trillsch F, Mahner S, et al. Management of borderline ovarian tumors. Ann Oncol 2016;27 Suppl 1:i20-i22. doi: 10.1093/annonc/mdw090. PMID: 27141065
- Personal communication by Mr Joseph Yazbek, Consultant Gynaecologist and Gynaecological Oncology Surgeon, January 2023