- Map of Medicine. Gallstones (and associated conditions). International View. London: Map of Medicine; 2017 (Issue 1)
- Commissioning guide: gallstone disease. Royal College of Surgeons and Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons. www.augis.org, published December 2016
- Gallstones. British Liver Trust. www.britishlivertrust.org.uk, accessed 11 August 2017
- Gallstones and cholecystitis. PatientPlus. patient.info/patientplus, last checked October 2016
- Gallstones. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries. cks.nice.org.uk, last revised February 2015
- Gastrointestinal medicine. Oxford handbook of general practice (online). Oxford Medicine Online. oxfordmedicine.com, published April 2014
- Gallstone ileus. PatientPlus. patient.info/patientplus, last checked March 2015
- Cholangitis. PatientPlus. patient.info/patientplus, last checked November 2016
- Cholelithiasis. BMJ Best Practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last updated January 2017
- Information about gallstones. Core. corecharity.org.uk, published 2014
- Shared decision making – gallstones. NHS RIghtCare. www.evidence.nhs.uk, updated January 2017
- Nutrition in gastrointestinal disease. Oxford handbook of nutrition and dietetics (online). Oxford Medicine Online. oxfordmedicine.com, updated December 2015
- Cystic fibrosis-related liver disease. Cystic Fibrosis Trust. cysticfibrosis.org.uk, February 2017
- McConnell T, Appleby P, Key T. Vegetarian diet as a risk factor for symptomatic gallstone disease. Eur J Clin Nutr 2017; 71(60):731–35. doi:10.1038/ejcn.2016.252
- Cholelithiasis. The MSD manuals. www.msdmanuals.com, last full review/revision August 2016
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography. PatientPlus. patient.info/patientplus, last checked June 2016
Reviewed by Michelle Harrison, Specialist Health Editor, Bupa Health Content Team, October 2017.
Expert reviewer, Dr Yiannis Kallis, Consultant Hepatologist and Gastroenterologist
Next review due October 2020
Did our information help you?
We’d love to hear what you think. Our short survey takes just a few minutes to complete and helps us to keep improving our health information.