- Draghi F, Ferrozzi G, Urciuoli L, et al. Hoffa’s fat pad abnormalities, knee pain and magnetic resonance imaging in daily practice. Insights Imaging 2016; 7:373–83. doi:10.1007/s13244-016-0483-8
- Mace J, Bhatti W, Anand S. Infrapatellar fat pad syndrome: a review of anatomy, function, treatment and dynamics. Acta Orthop Belg 2016; 82:94–101
- Knee assessment. PatientPlus. patient.info/patientplus, last checked 26 February 2016
- Anterior knee pain. Brukner & Khan’s Clinical Sports Medicine (5th ed, online). McGraw-Hill Medical. csm.mhmedical.com, published 2017
- Knee pain – assessment. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries. cks.nice.org.uk, last revised August 2017
Reviewed by Pippa Coulter, Freelance Health Editor, April 2018
Expert reviewer, Elisabeth Morgans, Bupa Physiotherapist
Next review due April 2021
Has our health information helped you?
We’d love to know what you think about what you’ve just been reading and looking at – we’ll use it to improve our information. If you’d like to give us some feedback, our short survey will take just a few minutes to complete. And if there's a question you want to ask that hasn't been answered here, please submit it to us. Although we can't respond to specific questions directly, we’ll aim to include the answer to it when we next review this topic.