- Lactase deficiency. BMJ Best Practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last updated 8 February 2016
- Lactose intolerance. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated 14 July 2015
- Lactose intolerance. PatientPlus. patient.info/patientplus, last checked 2 December 2016
- Food allergy and food intolerance. PatientPlus. patient.info/patientplus, last checked 8 May 2015
- Lactose intolerance. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), 2014. www.niddk.nih.gov
- Lactose intolerance. British Nutrition Foundation. www.nutrition.org.uk, last reviewed September 2009
- Milk allergy. Allergy UK. www.allergyuk.org, last updated January 2015
- Does my child have cow’s milk allergy? Allergy UK. www.allergyuk.org, last updated October 2013
- Calcium: Food fact sheet. BDA, The Association of UK Dietitians. www.bda.uk.com, 2014
- Soya, food and health: Food fact sheet. BDA, The Association of UK Dietitians, 2014. www.bda.uk.com
- Luyt D, Ball H, Makwana N, et al. BSACI guideline for the diagnosis and management of cow’s milk allergy. Clin Exp Allergy 2014; 44(5):642–72. doi:10.1111/cea.12302.
Reviewed by Dr Kristina Routh, Freelance Health Editor, February 2017
Expert reviewer Dr Adrian Raby, General Practitioner and Clinical Lecturer
Next review due February 2020
Has our health information helped you?
We’d love to know what you think about what you’ve just been reading and looking at – we’ll use it to improve our information. If you’d like to give us some feedback, our short survey will take just a few minutes to complete. And if there's a question you want to ask that hasn't been answered here, please submit it to us. Although we can't respond to specific questions directly, we’ll aim to include the answer to it when we next review this topic.