- Women's Health Concern
- Women's Health Concern
- Hysteroscopic morcellation of uterine leiomyomas (fibroids). National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), June 2015. www.nice.org.uk
- Uterine fibroids. BMJ Best Practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last updated February 2017
- Fibroids. PatientPlus. patient.info/patientplus, last checked January 2015
- Uterine fibroids. The MSD Manuals. www.msdmanuals.com, last full review September 2015
- Fibroids. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries. cks.nice.org.uk, last revised February 2014
- Pelvic examination technique. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated November 2016
- Ultrasound scan. Target Ovarian Cancer. www.targetovariancancer.org.uk, last reviewed January 2015
- Hysteroscopy. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated December 2015
- Gynaecological laparoscopy. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, last updated December 2015
- Moroni R, Vieira C, Ferriani R, et al. Pharmacological treatment of uterine fibroids. Ann Med Health Sci Res 2014. Sep 4(Suppl 3):S185–92. doi:10.4103/2141-9248.141955.
- Interuterine system. PatientPlus. patient.info/patientplus, last checked August 2014
- Uterine artery embolisation for fibroids. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). www.nice.org.uk, November 2010
- Clinical recommendations on the use of uterine artery embolization (UAE) for the management of fibroids. Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. www.rcog.org.uk, published 2013
- Magnetic resonance image-guided transcutaneous focused ultrasound for uterine fibroids. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). www.nice.org.uk, 2011
- Endometrial ablation. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated November 2016
- Menopause. BMJ Best Practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last updated January 2016
- Contraception – general overview. PatientPlus. patient.info/patientplus, last checked November 2015
Reviewed by Alice Rossiter, Specialist Editor, Bupa Health Content Team, May 2017.
Expert reviewer, Dr Evelyn Ferguson, Obstetrician Gynaecologist.
Next review due May 2020
Has our health information helped you?
We’d love to know what you think about what you’ve just been reading and looking at – we’ll use it to improve our information. If you’d like to give us some feedback, our short survey will take just a few minutes to complete. And if there's a question you want to ask that hasn't been answered here, please submit it to us. Although we can't respond to specific questions directly, we’ll aim to include the answer to it when we next review this topic.