Worried about your heart health?
Get a picture of your current health and potential future health risks with one of our health assessments.
To book or to make an enquiry, call us on 0333 920 7695∧
Did our Angina information help you?
We’d love to hear what you think. Our short survey takes just a few minutes to complete and helps us to keep improving our health information.
This information was published by Bupa's Health Content Team and is based on reputable sources of medical evidence. It has been reviewed by appropriate medical or clinical professionals and deemed accurate on the date of review. Photos are only for illustrative purposes and do not reflect every presentation of a condition.
Any information about a treatment or procedure is generic, and does not necessarily describe that treatment or procedure as delivered by Bupa or its associated providers.
The information contained on this page and in any third party websites referred to on this page is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice nor is it intended to be for medical diagnosis or treatment. Third party websites are not owned or controlled by Bupa and any individual may be able to access and post messages on them. Bupa is not responsible for the content or availability of these third party websites. We do not accept advertising on this page.
- Stable ischaemic heart disease. BMJ Best Practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last reviewed April 2022
- Angina. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries. cks.nice.org.uk, last revised January 2022
- Chest pain. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries. cks.nice.org.uk, last revised August 2021
- Angina pectoris. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated July 2018
- Unstable angina. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated October 2020
- Acute myocardial infarction. Patient. patient.info, last reviewed December 2020
- Angina pectoris. MSD Manuals. msdmanuals.com, last full review/revision July 2020
- Heart health: Food fact sheet, top tips for a healthy heart. BDA The Association of UK Dietitians. www.bda.uk.com, updated July 2020
- Alcohol consumption: advice on low risk drinking. UK Chief Medical Officers' low risk drinking guidelines. Department of Health. gov.uk, published August 2016
- Heart disease and physical activity. Patient. patient.info, last reviewed December 2015
- Glyceryl trinitrate. NICE British National Formulary. bnf.nice.org.uk, last updated May 2022
- Driving and medical conditions. gov.uk, accessed June 2022
- Dislipidaemias. NICE British National Formulary. bnf.nice.org.uk, last updated May 2022
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI). Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated November 2019
- Coronary artery bypass grafting. Medscape. emedicine.medscape.com, updated March 2022
- Unstable angina. BMJ Best practice. bestpractice.bmj.com, last reviewed April 2022
- Stable angina. Patient. patient.info, last reviewed March 2022