We're always happy to answer questions you may have about your health insurance policy. Here you’ll find a selection of questions and answers that we've already helped our customers with.
To find out more or to get a quote call us
0808 256 9436 ^
Most of us feel better if we’re treated in a hospital as close to home as possible or in a hospital recognised for its expertise in treating certain conditions. We give you a choice of up to three hospital networks, to help meet your needs and manage your budget. Some postcodes may be excluded from the Essential Access Network.
You have a choice of up to three hospital networks across the UK, depending on where you live:
- Essential Access: Excludes Central London. This is the lowest cost option where you’ll gain access to a national hospital network, including a selection of private hospitals and clinics in your area.
- Treatment is covered in hospitals outside of central London.
- Extended Choice: This option offers more choice than Essential Access as you'll gain a longer list of hospitals and clinics available to you. Extended Choice also includes a limited selection of hospitals and clinics in central London.
- Extended Choice with Central London: You can benefit from all the advantages of Extended Choice, plus a much larger selection hospitals and clinics in central London, with this option.
The hospital network you choose is a list of hospitals across the UK which you can use. Each network includes a different level of access to hospitals nationwide.
- All hospital networks will provide access to all types of possible tests, scans, treatment and aftercare.
- Some networks don’t have hospitals in some areas, please check the hospital availability in your area and that you’re happy with the distance you’ll have to travel to the hospital in your selected network. The hospital network lists can change from time to time.
- If you go for your treatment at a hospital that is within the network of facilities you have chosen as part of your cover your hospital charges will be covered in full†.
- If you go to a Bupa recognised hospital that‘s outside of your chosen network you’ll have to pay a proportion of your treatment costs. It is therefore important that you choose your network carefully.
- All of the local and national hospitals available in the Essential Access network are available in the other two networks, it’s just that Extended Choice and Extended Choice with Central London include more choices for you. Some of the networks may not have hospitals included in some geographical areas. You should check availability in your area. Hospitals and facilities included in the networks can change from time to time.
- All of our networks include treatment given by specific Bupa approved consultants specialising in the procedure.
†For eligible treatment on your core health insurance when you use a facility from your chosen Bupa network and a Bupa recognised consultant who agrees to charge within Bupa limits (a fee assured consultant)