A DNA test can help you make a long-term change
Buy your SmartDNA kit for £169
Bupa SmartDNA is not just a DNA test. It’s a lifestyle change.
Our SmartDNA test provides you with three genetic reports and a call from a lifestyle coach to help you understand your results and provide in-depth insights into your DNA test.
Bupa SmartDNA starts with a simple saliva swab that can be taken in the comfort of your own home in a few minutes. The results reveal how your body is built to eat, move and think based on your genetics.
- whether your body is sensitive to certain substances like alcohol, caffeine and carbohydrates.
- how your genetics affect the way you respond to different types of exercise, your speed of recovery and likelihood of certain sporting injuries.
- your body’s ability to cope with stress, whether you’re more productive in the morning or at night and how many hours of sleep you need each day.
No. This won’t diagnose any health conditions or risks. It’s designed to give you the information you need to be able to use your genetics to your full advantage and live smarter.
There’s no need to worry. Your results can empower you to make positive lifestyle changes like drinking less alcohol and focusing your workouts on strength training.
We do everything we can to keep your personal information private. That’s why we process your sample securely at our accredited UK laboratory, only analyse the small number of genetic variants we need and safely dispose of your sample afterwards. For more information about how we collect, store and use your information, please read our privacy notice.
For details of how users’ information will be processed by Bupa and DNAFit, including a copy of the Bupa and DNAFit privacy notices, see mysmartdna.bupa.co.uk/privacy-policy.
Your DNA never changes, so you only need to take one sample and the results will last a lifetime.
Anybody who has a wellbeing goal or wants to understand more about how their body is built.
No. Bupa SmartDNA focuses on your health and wellbeing.
No. Your results are a guide as to how you might want to adapt your workouts in order to reach your goals.
No. Your results will help you understand how your body responds to certain foods and how you might want to adapt your diet accordingly.
It can’t tell you whether you will or won’t get stressed. But it can help you understand your ability to cope with stress and some of the techniques you can use to build your resilience for the future.
Our test cannot report on food allergies, because these are not known to have a genetic component. For information relating to intolerance's and allergies, you would need to consult with a medical professional.
Add Bupa SmartDNA to your health assessment
Get a £30 discount± on SmartDNA when bought in conjunction with a Health Assessment. Not only will you get a clear picture of your current health, you'll also get a personalised wellbeing plan based on your genetic profile.
Give us a call to book both your health assessment and SmartDNA together to claim your discount.
Call us to book on 0333 920 4925^
^ Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm. We may record or monitor our calls.
±Terms and conditions
- 1. Available to all UK residents aged 18 +.
- 2. The £30 discount will be applied exclusively to Bupa SmartDNA when bought in conjunction with a Bupa health assessment and at the time of purchase.
- 3. The offer excludes all company paid schemes.
- 4. Bupa reserves the right to cancel, suspend, amend or withdraw the promotion at any point without prior notice where it becomes necessary to do so.
- 5. Discount to be applied to bookings made by telephone only.
- 6. Bupa reserves the right to decline to offer an applicant an Assessment in its absolute discretion and Bupa’s decision regarding any aspect of this promotion is final.
- 7. The offer is non-transferable, has no cash value/alternative and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or discounts.
- 9. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
Making a complaint
We recognise that sometimes things can go wrong. Take a look at our complaints procedure for more information on how to make a complaint.
The information provided by the Bupa SmartDNA service cannot be use as a substitute for specific medical or diagnostic advice, but provides the user with information to better understand wellness traits associated with their genotype.
For Bupa SmartDNA testing is carried out by our partner DNA Fit Life Sciences Limited (“DNA Fit”).
Please note the Bupa health assessment and Bupa SmartDNA service are subject to separate terms and conditions and privacy policies.
The Bupa SmartDNA user terms of service are available at mysmartdna.bupa.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.
For details of how user information will be processed by Bupa and DNAFit, including a copy of the Bupa and DNAFit privacy notices see mysmartdna.bupa.co.uk/privacy-policy
Bupa SmartDNA is provided by Bupa Occupational Health Limited. Registered in England and Wales No.631336. Registered office: 1 Angel Court, London, EC2R 7HJ.
We provide the Service to you by working alongside DNAFit Life Sciences Limited (Registered in England, number 08834823). Registered office is at Tms House, Cray Avenue, Orpington, Kent, England, BR5 3Q.