- Mental health and behavioral conditions. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. www.nice.org.uk [accessed April 2017]
- Psychosis and schizophrenia. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries. cks.nice.org.uk, February 2015
- Bipolar disorder. NICE Clinical Knowledge Summary. cks.nice.org.uk, October 2015.
- Generalised anxiety and panic disorder in adults: management. NICE Clinical guideline CG113, January 2011. www.nice.org.uk
- Professions. Health and Care Professions Council. www.hcpc-uk.org [accessed April 2017]
- Psychosis and schizophrenia in adults: prevention and management. NICE Clinical guideline CG178, February 2014
- Depression in adults: recognition and management. NICE Clinical guideline CG90, last updated April 2016
- Hofmann, Stefan G et al. The Effect of Mindfulness-Based Therapy on Anxiety and Depression: A Meta-Analytic Review. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology 78.2 (2010): 169–183
- Segal, Williams & Teasdale. Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy for Depression. Second Edition. The Guildford Press, 2012
- Kabat-Zinn. Full Catastrophe Living, Revised Edition: How to cope with stress, pain and illness using mindfulness meditation. Piatkus; Revised edition, 2013
- Mental Health Act 1983. legislation.gov.uk [accessed April 2017]
- Eating well and mental health. Royal College of Psychiatrists. www.rcpsych.ac.uk [accessed April 2017]
- Lawrence D, Bolitho S. The Complete Guide to Physical Activity and Mental Health. A&C Black Publishers: London, 2011
- Paunio et al. Sleep, work and mental health. Psychiatria Fennica 2015;46:5,566
- Smith, JC. Relaxation, Meditation, & Mindfulness: A Mental Health Practitioner's Guide. New York: Springer Publishing Company Ltd, 2005
- Mental Health Peer Support in England. Mind. www.mind.org.uk [accessed April 2017]
Produced by Clare Foster, freelance health editor, and Nick Ridgman, Head of Health Content, Bupa UK, September 2017
Next review due September 2020
Bupa UK expert reviewers:
- Naomi Humber, Psychology Services Manager, EAP
- Stuart Haydock, Resilience Lead, Health Clinics
- Sarah Deedat, Head of Behaviour Change
Did our information help you?
We’d love to hear what you think. Our short survey takes just a few minutes to complete and helps us to keep improving our health information.